Breathe Easy for a Healthy New Year
Each New Year, millions of people make resolutions to live a healthier, happier life. The list often reads something like:
- Eat heathy, low-sugar, lower-fat foods
- Exercise 4 times a week
- Change the furnace filters once a month
OK, so the furnace filters don’t usually make the top 10 list. Or even the top 50 list. But think about it. In addition to food and exercise, what’s more basic to your health than the air you breathe in and out?
Allergens, pollutants, illnesses, micro-organisms, and humidity can all affect our health through the air we breathe which essentially ends up distributed throughout our bodies in one way or another.
What to Do? Put Furnace Filters (Plus Advanced Tech) On the Resolution List
These days, furnace and air conditioning systems do much more than control the temperature of indoor living spaces. New technologies not only filter the air but remove or neutralize harmful airborne pollutants, allergens, disease microorganisms, and other harmful items.
The great news is these solutions are surprisingly affordable, especially given the cost of doctors, medications, lost work time, energy, etc., that can result from poor quality of air. So put these puppies back on your New Year Resolution list and breathe some better results into your efforts.
Air Technology 101
Here’s a quick rundown of the types of solutions available:
Trap airborne particles as air circulates through your ventilation system.
- Pleated polyester – More effective than fiberglass, inexpensive, high airflow and disposable.
- Electrostatic – Attract and trap particles, long lifespan.
- HEPA – Highest filtration, can remove up to 97% of airborne contaminants, longer lifespan.
Neutralize airborne contaminants or kill microorganisms.
- Ion Generators – disperse negatively-charged ions through the air that attract and neutralize airborne and surface contaminants.
- Electrostatic Precipitators – draw airborne contaminants into a chamber where they pass over a charged metal plate which neutralizes and collect the particles.
- UV Air Purifiers – use UV-C rays to destroy microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, or fungi.
Air Scrubber by Aerus
This NASA-certified space technology purifies your air and protects against airborne and surface contaminants.
- Effective against airborne & surface contaminants – such as MRSA, staph, strep, E-Coli, listeria, swine flu, bird flu, Hepatitis A, norovirus, bacillus, pseudomonas, and more
- Reduces – the amount of ozone in the air
- Proven effective – in the International Space Station as well as homes, schools, hospitals, and other major public facilities.
Combat the effects of a dry climate.
- Soothe dry, itchy skin, sore throats & nosebleeds
- Reduce static electricity
- Protect wood floors and furniture from arid Utah climate
Pull moisture from the air to protect furniture and prevent mold.
- Prevent the growth of mold and other microorganisms.
- Protect furniture and equipment from condensation and rust.
Eat Right, Breathe Right and Exercise
This year, take control of your whole health by including the most basic element of life on the planet – the quality of the air you breathe.
Skylake Heating and Air are experts in all air comfort and quality technologies. Contact them today about improving the quality of your air, your health and your life in 2020.