Would you believe us if we said that you don’t need to have ductwork in your home to enjoy warmth and comfort in the winter? It might seem odd but it is true. This is exactly what you enjoy when you get a ductless heating system. Ductless heating in Orem, UT is a great option if you are shivering your way through winter with a space heater and want to install a better heating system but don’t want to shell out the cash for installing ductwork.
If you want to learn more about ductless heating systems, their benefits, and if they are the right fit for you, then we are happy to provide that information. What’s more, if you decide that a ductless system is exactly what you are looking for, we offer professional installation services too.
What is a ductless system?
A ductless heater uses refrigerant to transfer heat, rather than create it as a furnace might. Because of this, your ductless system uses electricity only, no gas needed, allowing it to be more energy-efficient and eco-friendly.
Your ductless system will involve a number of air handlers, placed throughout the house, that can all be linked to run in tandem, or can be used individually to warm only certain areas, or to warm different parts of the house to different degrees.
Why consider a ductless system?
Ductless HVAC systems offer some unique advantages that people all over Orem might like to enjoy. These advantages include:
- Energy efficiency: Ductless heat pumps are known for being highly energy-efficient systems.
- Customizable comfort: Individual and remote-controlled air handlers offer you the ability to customize your comfort.
- No ductwork needed: With a ductless heater you won’t need any ductwork which means no need for duct cleaning, sealing or repairs.
- Quieter operation: Ductless heaters are near-silent during their operation
- Cooling abilities in the summer: Thanks to their ability to move or transfer heat, ductless heat pumps can also cool your home during the summer, making them ideal all-in-one systems.
Is a ductless HVAC system right for me?
Perhaps you are interested in the idea of installing a ductless heater in your home. If you are that is great but you should probably make sure that it will be a good fit for your heating needs. Here are some factors to consider:
- Demand: Does your area reach freezing temperatures? If so, your heat pump may struggle to do its job. If the temps stay above 40° however, you are in good hands.
- Ductwork: Do you already have ductwork? Not a problem. It won’t hinder the installation or operation of a ductless heat pump. In fact, heat pumps can also be made to work with your ductwork.
- Comfort Needs: Do you struggle to find comfort via the use of fans and space heaters? You don’t have to. With a ductless system, you can enjoy year-round comfort at less cost. If you have an AC and furnace that are in perfect working order though, keep your ductless system in mind when the time comes for a replacement.
Whether you choose to install a ductless system now or later, work with our team of professionals to get the job done right.