Fall is coming to an end and we’re heading into winter, so make sure your home is prepared for these cooler temperatures. There are many options for heating systems in your home here in Orem. We install boilers, ductless heating systems, fireplaces, and furnaces. It can be hard to choose which system is best. Furnaces are the most popular heating system across the country—but is it right for you? We can help you determine what type of heating system best suits your home. If you need professional furnace services, we can provide you with the best technicians available in Utah. If you’d like to understand how a furnace could benefit your home, keep reading below.
The Advantages of a Furnace
Natural gas furnaces are the most common whole-house heating system in the United States. This forced-air heating system distributes heat through a central network of ducts. There are many advantages to a furnace system:
- Energy Efficiency: Furnaces don’t have a reputation for being the most efficient heating system on the market, but this is an outdated conception—new gas furnaces are extremely efficient. These furnaces run at peak capacity so that your energy bill is as low as possible. Energy costs are on the rise across the country, so this is more important than ever.
- Pro Tip: You can determine the efficiency of a furnace by its AFUE rating. “AFUE” stands for “Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency,” the higher the AFUE percentage, the more the heat the furnace can deliver relative to the amount of fuel consumed. A furnace system has a very high AFUE rating.
- Cost-Efficacy: Forced air furnaces take some upfront investments during the purchase and installation process but after you’ve started running your system, your savings will make up for the initial cost. If you’re looking to save money, a furnace system is right for your home needs.
- Low Maintenance: Furnaces are relatively easy to maintain. These types of heating systems break down a lot less often than other systems. They break down infrequently and require few repairs. In addition to this, the lifespans of these systems are incredibly long. On average, they last for about 15 years.
- Dependability: A furnace system is a fan favorite because they’re known to produce heat that is significantly higher than your body temperature which means you’ll feel comfort fast. Since furnaces are also a forced-air system, you’ll enjoy evenly distributed heat throughout your home.
Determining What’s Right for You
Ultimately, you can weigh all the advantages and disadvantages of a furnace system but the best option possible is to have a professional service your system. Our team of service professionals here at Skylake Heating & Air are extensively trained, licensed, and knowledgeable in their field. We even provide 24/7 HVAC services because we understand how urgent these matters can be. Our technicians will come out, assess your home, and give you heating system options. We work with reputable brands of furnace systems and we’ll provide you with the best system and services.