Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Program
Air Purifier Services in Orem
Do you prefer to clean your air electronically? Or do you already use an air purifier but need to know that you have reliable professionals on your side should you require repair, replacement, or maintenance services? Then Skylake Heating & Air is the company to call in Orem, UT!
Having clean, healthy air in your home isn’t a luxury. It’s a necessity—especially if you have allergy sufferers or those with chronic respiratory illnesses like asthma. An air purifier can help capture problematic allergens as well as a good number of biological contaminants such as mold and mildew spores. But these components become part of your existing HVAC system, which is one of the reasons why it’s so important to hire an expert for installation and service. Our pros can help you choose and install a new air purifier or make sure your existing one works as needed. We are only a phone call away.
Call Skylake Heating & Air for comprehensive air purifier services in Orem, UT and the surrounding areas.
Types of Air Purifiers
When you opt to use an air purifier in your home, you have a few options from which to choose:
- Ion generator
- This type of air purifier uses electricity to disperse negative ions into the air. The ions attach to various particulates in your air, including allergens and biological contaminants, and land on the surfaces in your home. The particles are permanently removed when the surfaces are cleaned.
- Electrostatic precipitator
- This type of air purifier also charges particles, but does so a little differently. First, air is drawn into the cabinet of the precipitator into an area known as an ionization chamber. This is where the particles and contaminants are charged. These particles then pass over oppositely–charged metal plates that collect the charged particles. The plates need to be washed every three months to stay effective.
- UV air purifier
- Also known as UV germicidal lighting, UV (ultraviolet) lights specifically address biological contaminants like germs, bacteria, viruses, and growths like mold and mildew. These lights use UV–C rays to destroy the DNA of these micro–organisms, fully eradicating them. However, they do not work on any other type of particle, so they are often paired with a secondary type of air cleaner.
Benefits an Air Purifier Offers
Air purifiers offer more than just better air:
- An air purifier helps your HVAC system
- The removal of particles from your indoor air also helps your heating and cooling system because they aren’t infiltrating the system, either.
- Reduces and/or eliminates mold and mildew growth
- This is specific to UV lighting because the lights are typically placed over the coils in your system, where mold and mildew growth are common.
- Odor removal
- If you struggle with lingering cooking smells or tobacco smoke, an air purifier can remove these odors.
Call Us for All of Your Air Purifier Needs
Not sure which type of air purifier is for you? Or having trouble with one you already have? Let our indoor air quality experts help. Your comfort and health is our first priority, and we’ll make sure you have it with expert installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance services. We have 24–hour emergency service should you need it, and all of our craftsmanship is guaranteed.