Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Program
Zone Control System Services in Orem
The battle over the thermostat is an epic one, and unfortunately, a common one as well. But if you have a ducted HVAC system, the heating and cooling pros at Skylake Heating & Air have the perfect solution for you: a zone control system. This type of system gives homeowners with ducted HVACs tremendous control over their heating and cooling, putting an end to the battle over the single thermostat.
However, it does take a professional to correctly install, repair, replace, or maintain this type of system, and that’s where our experts come in. Our pros have years of experience working with zone control systems, and we bring this experience to every job we do. We also bring a lifetime guarantee of our workmanship, so you can rest assured that any work done on or for your zone control system will be to your utmost satisfaction. Put an end to the battle over the thermostat and begin a new approach to your heating and cooling—with a zone control system for your home in Orem, UT.
Skylake Heating & Air offer expert zone control system services in Orem, UT and the surrounding areas.
Who Can Benefit from Zone Control?
Zone control can be a benefit for just about any home, but there are certain homes that may especially benefit from the use of a zone control system:
- Homes with special architecture
- Do you have vaulted ceilings, or an open loft space in your home? These types of special architectural features can make it tough to evenly heat or cool a space or an area, but dividing these kinds of features into their own zones helps tremendously.
- Homes with multiple stories
- Do you have 3 or 4 stories to your home? Using a single thermostat to heat and cool a home with multiple stories is quite a challenge. With a zone control system, each story can be its own zone, making it much easier to keep your home comfortable.
- Homes with wings
- Does your home branch off into several hallways or wings? A zone control system can make adequately heating and cooling these areas an easy thing to accomplish.
How Does Zone Control Work?
A zone control system is a series of motorized dampers that are installed directly into the supply side of your ductwork. The damper installation will correlate to the zones you have established with your Skylake Heating & Air technician prior. Zones can be single rooms, a group of rooms, an entire floor, etc. The choice is yours. Once the dampers are installed, each zone is equipped with its own thermostat. Then the thermostats and the dampers are connected to a main control panel. This panel opens and closes the dampers as needed to maintain the temperature set in each zone.
Benefits of Zone Control
Customized comfort is just one benefit you can gain from a zone control system. Here are some others:
- Better energy efficiency
- With a zone control system, you use only the amount of cooling and heating you need, which can result in less energy usage.
- Less wear on your system
- When you use only the heating and cooling you need, your HVAC will run for less time. This not only saves energy, it also reduces the level of wear on the system.
- Turn off heating or cooling completely to a zone
- a regular ducted system will suffer serious imbalances if you close off a register; with a zone control system, you can close off a register and the system will re–balance itself without issue.